Invisalign® is a popular clear aligner system that has been transforming smiles for decades. These orthodontic trays are ideal for quickly and discreetly adjusting your smile. If you’re considering this cosmetic dentistry treatment, then you may have a lot of questions about Invisalign.
At Miracle Dental, we are here to help you. Whether you have questions about possible treatments or you need advice on dental hygiene accommodations, we are here to give you honest and accurate information. Need advice now? Call our Las Vegas, NV, dental office at (702) 456-0056.
If you want to pursue Invisalign treatment, then keep reading. Here, we answer some of your important questions about Invisalign clear aligners.
How long do I have to wear Invisalign trays daily?
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign clear aligners are removable. For many patients, this is an exciting perk. But, it often means that patients forget to put their aligners back in for extended periods of time. Failure to wear aligners for the recommended amount of time can significantly delay results and lead to unexpected outcomes.
Therefore, patients must wear their clear aligners for at least 20 hours a day for timely and predictable results. Otherwise, patients may inadvertently add weeks or months to their treatment plans.
How long does Invisalign treatment take?
In total, most patients can expect Invisalign treatment to take approximately six to 18 months. However, treatment timelines vary from patient to patient depending on:
- How severe the misalignment is
- How well patients adhere to their unique treatment plans
- How frequently patients swap old aligners for new aligners
- Whether patients use an acceleration device or not
How can I speed up Invisalign treatment?
The best ways to speed up Invisalign treatment are to:
- Wear trays for at least 22 hours daily (rather than 20 hours daily)
- Conduct thorough oral hygiene after snacks, meals, and non-water beverages to avoid cavities
- Change trays every week rather than every other week
These behaviors are beneficial to quickly and efficiently repositioning teeth. In addition to these, patients may also try using acceleration devices. These devices use ultrasonic vibrations to encourage gentle dental shifting, which can significantly speed up Invisalign results.
How much does Invisalign cost?
Orthodontia can be pricey, and Invisalign is no different. Luckily, many patients’ insurance plans cover orthodontic treatments, which can keep out-of-pocket costs lower.
With insurance, patients can expect treatment to cost roughly $3,000. Without insurance, the overall costs may be closer to $5,000. Regardless, Invisalign treatment is an investment in your oral health, total well-being, and confidence, making it worth every penny!
Am I a good candidate?
Clear aligners can treat a range of mild to moderate alignment issues, such as:
- Large gaps between teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Open bites
An ideal candidate is one who:
- Has a mild to moderate alignment issue
- Is committed to great oral hygiene
- Has treated all oral issues (including cavities and gum disease) beforehand
- Has the discipline to closely follow their treatment plans
- Wants to discreetly adjust their smiles
- Plans to attend every Invisalign appointment
Ask Us About Invisalign in Las Vegas, NV
It’s only natural to inquire about potential treatments. So, keep your questions coming! Consult with our team during an in-depth Invisalign appointment. Patients can request an appointment online, or they may call our dentists in Las Vegas at (702) 456-0056.