Dentures are a popular general dentistry solution for those who have lost some or all of their natural teeth. Dentures are custom-made prosthetic devices that a dentist designs to fit comfortably in the mouth. They restore the function and appearance of missing teeth, while allowing patients to eat, speak, smile, and laugh freely.
If you’re living with tooth loss, the team at Miracle Dental can help. Our dentists in Las Vegas, NV, have years of experience helping patients restore and enhance their smiles. If you’re ready to explore your restorative options, then contact our team at (702) 456-0056 to learn more.
Choosing the right kind of dental appliance is an important decision that requires careful consideration. In this post, we explore some of the key factors to consider when choosing a new set of dentures.
Types of Dentures
There are several types of dentures available to patients, including:
- Full: Can replace all of the teeth in the upper or lower jaw
- Partial: Ideal for replacing one or more missing teeth, not necessarily in a row
- Implant-supported: This type of denture attaches to dental implants that a skilled dentist surgically fixes to the jawbone.
- Immediate: Patients can wear these immediately after tooth extractions while a professional finishes their final restoration
Choosing the right kind of denture for you depends on the type of tooth loss that you have. Our team can help you assess your options for optimal success.
Types of Materials Used
Dental professionals can make these oral appliances from a variety of materials, including:
- Acrylic resin: The most common material that dentists use for dentures because it is durable, lightweight, and easy to adjust.
- Porcelain: These dentures are more expensive, but they offer a more natural appearance. They are also highly stain-resistant.
- Composite resin: As an affordable alternative to porcelain dentures, these appliances offer long-lasting durability.
Your Lifestyle and Activity Level
Your lifestyle and activity level can also influence the type of dentures that you choose. For example, if you are very active and participate in sports or other physical activities, implant-supported dentures may be a better choice. This is because they provide a more secure fit compared to other restorative options.
On the other hand, if you are less active and spend more time at home, traditional dentures may be a more practical choice. Our team can help you determine which option is best for you.
Your Overall Budget
Cost is also an important consideration when it comes to choosing the right appliance for you. While traditional dentures are generally less expensive than implant-supported dentures, patients may need to replace them more frequently.
This means that the overall costs of traditional appliances may eventually equal or exceed the overall costs of implant-supported appliances. So, it is important to consider both the short-term and long-term costs of different types of dental devices when making a decision.
Custom-Made Dentures in Las Vegas, NV
Experts believe that approximately 40 million Americans are currently living with total tooth loss. Are you one of them? Get the restorative care you deserve with the team at Miracle Dental in Las Vegas, NV. New and existing patients can request appointments here or at (702) 456-0056.